About Carrots and Couture

My name is Jenni and I am a lover of all things fashion and food related. Becoming vegan nearly a decade ago pushed me to pay closer attention to the ingredients that I use when I cook. Though not everything I eat is organic, I strive to eat organic, local, and as clean as possible. I’d rather eat at a farm-to-table restaurant with simple and perfectly prepared clean food than a Michelin-rated restaurant with fussy service. My love of fashion sparked when I was very young. Some of my earliest memories involve paging through the glossy spreads in the September edition of Vogue. And later, convincing my parents to take me to Portland to buy a dress for a high school dance so I wouldn't have the same one as anyone else. My sense of style is classic. I like well-tailored timeless pieces, but I’m also drawn to trendier items, especially when they involve beautiful hues or a bit of fanciness like velvet or lace. The name of this blog, Carrots and Couture, is a nod to my love of handbags. The carrots part comes from the fact that on any given day, a bag of carrots can be found inside my couture. Vegans never travel unprepared! Join me in my culinary and fashion adventures in my hometown of Seattle, and tag along on my romps about the world with my husband, Ryan, and my dog, Sadie.