Couture: Springtime Staceface Slides

Every once in awhile I wind up in the right spot at the right time. While (mostly) window shopping along Madison Avenue in New York this week, I spotted some welcome signage in the Alice + Olivia storefront: Friends and Family Event. That's right folks. All Alice + Olivia clothing, shoes, accessories, etc. are on sale through this weekend! A + O is one of my most coveted reach brands. At full price, the line is a bit spendy, but for a now-and-then special piece, it's worth shelling out for the full sticker price. What I usually do is stalk my most-loved pieces online and wait hopefully for them to go on markdown. This time around, I got lucky and found myself in their Madison Avenue boutique on a day when everything was on markdown. 

These sweet little espadrilles caught my eye. Featuring the iconic "StaceFace", these woven slides are equal parts whimsical and practical, just like the brand itself. I envision wearing them with a sweet white eyelet summer dress, shorts and a red blouse, or even a patterned pair pants in like colors. They will also be a great pop of color with white jeans for a more summery look. Shop the Danika StaceFace Slides here.