Couture: Lavender and Lilac

I am the first to admit that I love black, but I am a total sucker for a beautiful hue. This spring, I'm lusting over lilac and lavender. And I'm not the only one! Pantone named Violet the Color of the Year for 2018.

Purple hues look great with a variety of my closet staple colors--black, grey, navy, and white. Lavender is a simultaneously sophisticated and ladylike, with a bit of ultra-feminine pink in it. Lilac is a touch more on the violet/blue side. Both are stunning colors for brunettes with cool skin tones. These hues are especially easy to wear as accessories to jazz up an otherwise monochromatic outfit.

Here are some of my favorite lavender and lilac pieces in my closet. In current rotation are: the J Crew Cocoon coat, Kate Spade Byrdie bag, OPI nail polish, and some Kate Spade earrings. I'm lusting after this Longchamp tote in the beautiful lilac hue. That may just have to be an addition to my spring collection later this season! The Sonoma Lavender line is a collection I found when Ryan and I visited the Spa at Nordstrom. The neck pillow is scented with lavender and can be heated or cooled to your liking. The eye pillow has a calming lavender scent. It is so soft and light you don't even know you're wearing an eye pillow. Such great pieces to make you feel like you're at a spa at home.

Lavender Stadium Cocoon Coat, J. Crew


Lilac Byrdie Crossbody Bag, Kate Spade

Do You Lilac It Nail Lacquer, OPI

Lilac Gemstone Earrings, Kate Spade
Lilac Shine On Earrings, Kate Spade


Lilac Le Pilage Large Tote Bag, Longchamp
Lilac Dot Eye Mask, Sonoma Lavendar for Nordstrom
 Lavender Neck Pillow, Sonoma Lavender for Nordstrom
Lavender Stadium Cocoon Coat, J.Crew. Lilac V-Neck Sweater with Shirt Cuffs, J.Crew. Zella Live In Leggings, Nordstrom. Via Spiga Leather Knee-High Soho Boots, Nordstrom.

Lavender versus Lilac