Couture: Polka Dots and Faux Fur

Tomorrow marks the first day of spring, and I am in a spring-forward state of mind. Unfortunately, I also live in Seattle which means that while all of my favorite fashion magazines and sites are filled with colorful images of spring trends, it's not actually warm enough to wear any of them. This spring-winter shoulder season is where you have to get a little creative so that your outfit works for the 35 degree mornings and the 60 degree afternoons. Today, I paired one of my favorite spring shift dresses (circa 2016) with a faux fur vest and knee high suede boots. The boots and vest make the look weather appropriate, but the dress screams spring. Does it get more springy than navy, stripes, and polka dots?

Dress: Silk Polka Dot Shift, J. Crew. Vest: Dolce Cabo LA, Opal Boutique. Boots: Knee-high suede, Nine West. Bag: Silver Tote, Tory Burch.