Couture: Espadrilles to the Max

I should start by saying that I have never really been drawn to the espadrille style, and I'm pretty sure I've never actually owned any in my life. Leave it to Tory Burch to take a super Spanish relaxed style and chic-ify it. 

Espadrilles came about in Spain several centuries ago as a worker's shoe. Their classic rope sole is the signifier of the espadrille. Though they started off as a flat, they can now be found as a wedge or heel thanks to high end designers like Yves Saint Laurent and Joseph Altuzarra. 

Tory Burch's Spring 2018 collection included several espadrilles, though my favorite are the flat-soled mule style. The Max Espadrille Mule is the eptiome of summer elegance. They will be so cute with a pair of skinny cropped jeans, an easy tee, and a cropped jacket. They could be worn with a pair of khaki shorts and a button up shirt. They could even accessorize a chambray dress or a beach coverup. 

The Max Espadrille Mule is so versatile to style and is are available in a plethora of fun, wearable summer colors. I snapped up the gittery gold and the faux snakeskin, two fabrics that really act like neutrals and pair well with a variety of looks, patterns, and colors. And did I mention they are also comfortable?! These might just be my favorite summer shoe of all time. Check out the whole TB espadrille collection here.