Couture: Scoping Out Standard Goods

Listen up Eastsiders... there's a new store in Redmond Town Center and it's got all the goods. Standard Goods is a fresh addition to the sometimes-tired Redmond Town Center mall which seems to feature more fitness spaces than retail shops of late. Standard Goods is a welcome new face amongst the standard, err, I mean status quo of RTC restaurants and boutique fitness studios.

Standard Goods offers an array of locally made items, including delicate metal jewelry by Seattle-based Baleen, scented candles in funky tin cans by locally owned and operated Good and Well Supply Co, and lovely handmade, colorful pottery pieces from our neighbor to the south, Portland's Land Bird

There's a little something for everyone in this shop, including a hidden Waldo for bored-to-tears kiddos to hunt down. Part kitschy (think "Impeach Trump" magnets and retroesque PNW trucker hats), and part hipster (think ironic t-shirts and plaid duffle bags), this boutique is bringing a taste of Capitol Hill to Redmond. And I love it! 

Though I could have purchased a number of goodies I had my eye on as I browsed, I brought home a pair of super skinny gold and white oversized hoop earrings from Baleen. They are light enough that they don't pull on my ears, but the bright white gives them enough of a pop to offset my dark hair. This is the kind of store where you'll find treasures... that perfect card or gift for someone you know all-too-well. The goods at Standard Goods are anything but standard.