Couture: OOTD Pre-Fall Animal Print

If you take a look at the August editions of fashion magazines, or wander through a fall-ready boutique, you will quickly see that animal prints are coming back in a big way. And oh my goodness do I relish an animal print! I know--it’s the ultimate oxymoron--the vegan who loves to wear faux fur and animal print patterns. But I do. In fact, besides stripes, they are probably the most oft-purchased pattern in my wardrobe.

The beauty of an animal print is that it can operate like a neutral and pairs well with black, browns, reds, and camel. I love an animal print with a fun fuschia bag, a bright orange belt, or a pair of camel boots. It is so much more versatile than you'd think.

For this sultry summer look, I went full blown head-to-toe animal print. This cute silk jumpsuit is super affordable from Top Shop. I wore it with easy TB sandals, but it would be cute with a pair of pumps--especially in red--or some patent leather nude platforms too. I also think I could throw a fitted black tee underneath to make the look work for cooler weather, even adding an oversized cardigan or a leather moto jacket on top for much cooler weather. This might be a one and done outfit thanks to the ease of the jumpsuit, but it certainly isn't a one and done look!

Here’s the look.
Silk Jumpsuit, Topshop from Nordstrom. Nude TB Miller Sandals, Tory Burch. Leather Tote, Tory Burch. Hoop Earrings, Gorjana from Nordstrom.