Couture: OOTD Fall Hues

It’s Saturday, but instead of my usual run errands post barre class, I’m headed to a play and a fancy dinner. This requires me to step it up a notch. And, because it’s supposed to rain starting tomorrow through forever (okay, well at least for a week), I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to wear my favorite brown suede boots. I built the outfit up from there by pairing my knee-highs with an ivory wool mini skirt, a fitted fiery red sweater, and a faux fur vest in a similar hue to the boots. I liked the light colored skirt as an offset to the dark top and bottom layers with the boots and the vest. And the sweater added a vibrant pop of color. It all came together in the perfect fall palette. 


The key with an outfit like this is knowing how to highlight your proportions. And if you wear them right, mini skirts can be super flattering. By tucking in the sweater, I accentuated my waist and made my 5’3"ish legs look maybe just a little bit longer. The fitted sweater was a good pairing with the fur vest which could be too bulky atop a fuller base layer. The boots are magic because the wedge heels are the same color and material as the rest of the brown suede which elongates the leg in an oh-so-flattering way. 

Here’s the look.

Faux Fur Vest: Saks Fifth Avenue. Tippi Sweater: J.Crew. Mini Skirt: J.Crew. Suede Boots: Nine West. Clutch: LV.