Couture: Velvet Revival

That's right folks, velvet is back. And no, it's not 1992. Though I was resistant at first, I am now loving velvet as a super luxe fall and winter fabric. You can dress it up (hello holiday fetes!) or dress it down (weekday workday). Here are a few of my favorite pieces as well as notes on how I'll style each item.

Gucci Marmont Bag, Nordstrom. This bag is, as they say, GOALS. I mean, the velvet. The crossbody. The perfect mushroom meets caramel color. This bag is it. Wear it with EVERYTHING! It's also going on my Christmas list. Are you listening, Santa?


Sam Edelman Jordy Flats, Norstrom. Okay, these shoes are in the of-the-moment fabric, velvet, in a fashion-forward color, hunter green. I love the easy style of these slip-ons. Pair them with a courderoy skirt and a fitted sweater. Add them to an easy jeans and tee outfit to elevate the look. Pop them on with a LBD. And at this price point, you can afford to get the black too!



J.Crew Easy Pull-On Velvet Pants. I love these for work with a white button up, or even a jewel-toned blouse. I could also see these paired with the J.Crew Tippi sweater in leopard, polka dot, or a bright, fiery orange. Heels, flats, mules... these pants can be dressed up or down. Add a satin, sleeveless blouse, kitten heels, and layer on some sparkly jewelry and you are holiday ready.

Cara Bow, Nordstrom. This is such an easy add-on to a high bun or a ponytail for an instantly glamorous look. No one will know you're sporting dirty-hair-don't-care with this cute velvet accessory.

J. Crew Toothpick High Rise Pants. I love the versatility of these easy-to-wear pants. The high rise is oh-so-flattering. Pair with a half-tucked in tee and a cardigan for work, or cuff the bottoms to expose the hem and wear with a white button up blouse and sparkly glitter heels for a night out. Not only are these super wearable and flattering, but they are also WARM! I could see them tucked into riding boots with a blazer for a cute running errands about town look.


J.Crew Velvet Tank. This cute tank comes in several shades, including this season's hottest color, vintage gold. I could see this tucked into a pair of dark jeans, worn with a leather mini skirt, or paired with leggings and an oversized cardigan. 

Halogen Pleated Midi Skirt, Nordstrom. This skirt is shown with a white tee and silver mules, which is cute for everyday wear. I could also see this skirt with a sequin tank and metallic high heels for a black tie event. Or, you could pair it with wedge pumps and a long sleeved shirt for work.