Couture: OOTD Wild and Bright

Happy Monday, y’all. It’s that first Monday after we "fall back" that is supposed to make it easier to wake up early. But does it ever feel good to wake up on a Monday, especially when it’s dark AF? That’s why I felt the need to sport a little color in my look. 

In case you haven’t already heard, animal print is the new black. And it is everywhere this fall. But, red is making a comeback this season too. And I love the two looks together. Animal prints, especially the rich caramel tones of a cheetah print, are the perfect compliment to a bright red for a bold statement. The animal print, in the case of my outfit below, is actually the neutral. To keep the look from being overwhelming, I incorporated the animal print in small doses. If I had, let’s say, worn an animal print coat, it would take away from the pop of red and leave me looking like an extra from Macklemore’s Thrift Shop--"What what what what"--which can be fun for Halloween, but isn’t generally the Monday look I’m going for. But when done in small doses, animal prints with any red--bordeaux, wine, burgundy, cherry, fiery orange red--is a fashion forward nod to the two biggest fall trends of 2018. 

Here’s the look.

Ruffle Blouse: J.crew. Frayed Hem Jeans: Rag and Bone. Mules: Sam Edelman. Belt: J.Crew.