Couture: Red White and Blue Bikinis

There's something exciting about starting the summer with a new bikini. Just the idea conjures up coconut scented sunscreen, the sound of waves collapsing against a coastline, and the warmth of the sun on my skin. 

Though this summer imagery is nothing short of lovely, swimsuit shopping is often far less than pleasant. But thanks to designers who have evovled over time to incorporate body inclusivity in their pieces, today you can find a variety of swimsuit styles for literally every figure. The key is to find out which styles suit you best, and then to invest in some mix and match pieces that can be worn interchangably for several seasons.

I gravitate toward a bandeau or triangle top because I'm petite on top, but I prefer a full coverage bottom. I might be a bit cheeky, but I don't need to show them.

Earlier this summer, I rounded up a patriotic haul from Nordstrom, purchasing three separate tops and bottoms in red, white, and blue.

For an upcoming trip, I'll style them with a canvas tote, neutral flip flops, and a white cover up so that I can bring one set of accessories (rather than a suitcase full) that will work with each mix-and-match pairing.