Couture: All Wrapped Up - Plaid and a Bow

Though it's tempting to dash off to school in jeans, sneakers, and a sweater on Fridays, this week I decided to step it up a notch with a ladylike plaid blouse and a pair of Dorothy-esque there's-no-place-like-home ruby slippers. Because the bow at the neckline of the blouse is a statement on its own, I slid my hair into a bun and paired the cherry-hued shoes and bright plaid blouse with an understated pair of dark skinny jeans.

The whole look came together in less time than it would have taken me to dig through my closet to find my favorite sweater and most-loved sneakers, and it left me feeling on top of my game, a real win for any busy Friday. 

Here's the look.

Blouse: Vince Camuto, Nordstrom, Jeans: Citizen of Humanity, Nordstrom. Low Heels: Tory Burch.