Carrots: Lolli and Pops is a Sweet Tooth's Heaven

There's something about a candy store that makes me feel like, well, a kid. Newsflash: I have a sweet tooth. Just as my husband. On every trip we've taken for the last two decades, I have dragged him to the local sweet shops--chocolatiers in Paris, Munich, Lisbon, and Zurich, odd candy stores in Amsterdam, Malmo, and Copenhagen, and old timey soda shops in Prague, New York, and Salzburg. Wherever we go, sweets I shall find. So, it's no surprise that I finally came across my new favorite local spot to get my sweet on: Lolli and Pops. 



Located in Bellevue Square, Lolli and Pops has over 70 stores nationwide. The Bellevue location has all the feels of home with its wood paneling, warm pastel color palette, and gold fixtures. The store is ideal for the customer who loves to, well, customize. You can select from a number of kitschy jars or snag a cellophane bag, and then wander about the store picking and choosing from a number of different sweets organized by flavor and color. The neat rows of gummy bears, licorice, chocolates, and jellybeans were a marvel to this Type-A's eye, and I was particularly impressed by the section designated entirely to vegan gummies. 

I put together a bag for myself, as well as one I sent off as a gift to my niece. They wrapped the gift bag with a festive Lolli and Pops bow, reminiscent of what you might find in a Kate Spade store. This is certainly the boutique high-end candy store that Kate Spade is to women's clothing and accessories, so it's no wonder that Lolli and Pops made me feel like putting on my nicest KS dress while I enjoyed the fruits of my labor--and by that I mean popping rose flavored gummies in my mouth by the handful--all to the beat of Three 6 Mafia's "Lolli Lolli".