Couture: OOTD Winter Chic


This is the time of year when I start to tire a bit of my jeans, sweater, and ankle boots uniform. As winter drags on, I find myself falling into the same routine of dressing for the weather, rather than dressing for fun, despite the weather. 

This weekend, determined to break out of my rut, I swapped out my skinny jeans and ankle boots for a mini skirt and OTK boots. The mustard skirt looked oh-so-fall last September when paired with suede ballet flats and a denim jacket, but it replayed well here with more substantial fabrics to anchor it as winter wear. This cozy cashmere wrap was a welcome alternative to a bulkier coat, and was the perfect option for cozying up near a fire with a glass of rosé. I tried to stray from the drab blacks and grays that paint so many of my winter outfits in the Northwest, adding a pop of color with ivory, mustard, and red. Turns out, date night was the perfect excuse to pull me out of my winter funk.

Here's the look.

Wool mini skirt and tippi sweater, J.Crew. Fringed check scarf, Burberry. OTK boots, Stuart Weitzman. Watch, Kate Spade. Handbag, Louis Vuitton.