Carrots: Buddha Bowls Remixed

"It's the remix to ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen." If you went to college in the early 2000s, you can't hear the word "remix" without R Kelly's melody popping into your head. "Let me give you that beep beep." Well, this week has been all about remixing the ingredients for the Buddha Bowls I made Monday night. Only I'm not dressed in cargo pants and a Kangol hat. Thank God for that.

On Tuesday, I did an Asian influenced Buddha Bowl with edamame, baby kale, black pepper tofu, and the crowning jewel--spicy roasted sweet potatoes. I also added in the roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts leftover from Monday and tossed the whole mixture with a sesame vinaigrette. If I'd had black sesame seeds on hand, they would have been the perfect topper.

Tonight, I went South of the border for my Buddha Bowl by incorporating lime and cumin black beans, chipotle tofu, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, and chopped red peppers. I added leftover roasted Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes and dressed the salad with a pomegranate vinaigrette. I even sprinkled in some roasted, salted pepitas.

I even have just enough of the roasted veggies to "bounce bounce bounce bounce" the ingredients into a remixed dish for a fourth night in a row! Here's to accidental meal planning!

South of the Border Buddha Bowl

Asian Inspired Buddha Bowl