Couture: Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day has long been a special holiday for me. Even though Valentine's Day is also my parents' anniversary, my dad always made sure the day was also special for my sister and me. He would walk in the door with the biggest box of chocolates and a beautiful bouquet of roses for my mom, and then pull out two smaller, but seemingly huge to my little girl eyes, heart shaped boxes of chocolates for me and my sister. Perhaps that's why I totally buy into this cheesy Hallmark holiday. Because I've seen a love that lasts firsthand. My parents are celebrating their 42nd wedding anniversary today! Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad!

My students know how much I love this holiday. The white board is decorated with hearts, candy is distributed, and general merrymaking ensues. But, it's also an excuse to be a little cheesy and sweet with my look. This year, I chose a sweater bedecked with hearts, shiny red patent leather shoes, and pave crystal heart shaped earrings. Too much? Not on this holiday!

Sweater: Tippi, J.Crew. Jeans: Rocket Skinnies, Citizens of Humanity. Shoes: Gigi Mid-Heel Pumps, Tory Burch. Earrings: Pave Crystal Hearts, Kate Spade. Bear: A Valentine's Day gift from one of my sweet students! :)