Couture: Off the Shoulder

An off the shoulder style is one of my favorite spring and summer looks. No one ever says "My shoulders look fat." In fact, I think exposing the collarbone is one of the most flattering looks for a woman of any shape or size. And, off the shoulder tops do bare the full shoulder, but because they often hit well above the bustline, they are surprisingly conservative to the point that you don't feel overly exposed.

When you pair an off the shoulder blouse with skinny jeans, the look becomes effortlessly chic... but it could not be an easier look to pull together. I have found that the key is finding a top that is a bit billowy, but not baggy. Find a color that compliments your skin tone and a length that hits below the waistline of your pants, but above the hips for optimally flattering proportions. I paired this cute Evereve top polka dot top with sunny Kendra Scott earrings and a bright pair of Toms wedges. Though this outfit was perfect for a spring day, I could have swapped out the jeans for a white pair and added some pointy toed stillettos for a dressier look.