Carrots: Chili Rosemary Roasted Nuts


Next week, I'm hosting a happy hour for my colleagues and as much as I'd love to do everything this weekend to prep for next weekend, fresh food just doesn't last that long. But roasted nuts do! And I'm sorry, but when I'm sipping on a cocktail, I crave something salty and crunchy. This recipe is a fun take on a bar nut. The chili and lime are a surprisingly balanced pairing with the rosemary. I took inspiration from a recipe at therealfoodrds.com, but added several spices and changed up the nut mixture for more variety. I tossed the seasoning in a Ziploc bag for super easy clean up. Now, I just have to stop myself from eating every last salty nut before the party next week!

Here's the recipe.

Chili Rosemary Roasted Nuts

Ingredients
24 oz. mixed, raw nuts*
6 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons pink Himalayan sea salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the seasoning together in a small bowl, but set the salt aside. Place the nuts in a large Ziploc. Pour the seasoning over the nuts and seal the bag closed. Shake until the nuts are evenly coated. 

Pour seasoned nuts over the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread until even. Roast at 350 for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Turn the heat up to 400 and cook for 5 minutes longer at the end, keeping a close eye so as not to burn any of the nuts.

Remove from the oven and season with salt. Let cool completely and then store in an airtight container until ready to serve.

*I used a combination of cashews, Brazil nuts, pistachios, and hazelnuts.