Couture: Prom!

Teaching is one of those rare careers where you actually get to have fun once in a while. Case in point: last night, I chaperoned prom with my senior advisory team, a couple administrators, and the other ASB leaders. Who knew going to prom as an adult could be such a ball?! It might have been that we were having more fun than the kids, thanks in part to the DJ who graciously played so many 90s and early 2000s hits. A little "Bye, bye, bye!" and "It's the remix to ignition" is all it took to get the adults in full force on the dance floor, "Shaki[ing] it like a Polaroid picture!"

But some things about prom never change. It's still all about the dress. Give me a reason to dress up, and I will head straight to the mall. This year's prom look was all about the full skirt. I love the big, open, square weave of this black skirt. Which had pockets. I know. It's all about the pockets. I like having a place to put my hands, and it is also a convenient place to stow my phone! I paired this full black skirt with a simple black crop top and yellow accessories for a pop of color.

Top: Eliza J, Nordstrom. Skirt: Lattice Midi, White House Black Market. Earrings: Danielle Large Oval Drops, Kendra Scott. Heels: Ninewest.

A little fun in the photobooth with my colleagues, Mollie and Meghan.