Couture: Easy Fall Dress

On my way home this week, I just couldn't resist popping into my favorite Eastside boutique, Evereve. The sun was streaming in the big storefront windows, and the whole store just felt like fall. Deep burgundy, olive green, rusty orange, and marigold yellow splashed across the mannequins in a variety of patterns, cuts, and fabrics. Even though I'm lusting over almost everything there, especially some of the suede jackets and ankle boots, I wound up coming home with the piece I loved most. Which is really how one should shop, right? Buy what you love, not what you just like? Well I fell head over heels for this gorgeous Allison Joy shift dress. I love the subtle hi-low hem, the almost henley style button along the neckline, and the easy fit of the shift style which hits that perfect middleground between loose and form fitting. I can already picture wearing this dress with a black leather jacket and black leather ankle boots, or with a soft brown suede bomber coat and knee-high suede boots. Though it doesn't show up very well in the photos online, it even has a hint of green to it... perfect for a pair of green flats or pumps which would bring out that accent color in the dress.