Couture: Sequins and Sparkles


Hold on to your party pants, because this post is my fashion nod to my Christmas obsessed sister. That's right. She may be the one to count down to Christmas Tree Day (an official holiday in my family), but I'm the one who counts down to holiday shopping, dining, cooking, and all other fĂȘting! Just in case you were wondering, it’s 31 days to Thanksgiving. What that really means is that it’s just over a month before the holidays actually start. And what THAT really means is it’s time to start shopping.

This year, I am all about the sparkle. Okay, that’s every year. But this year, I’m bringing it in a big, big way. Full. On. Sequins.

Here are a few of my favorite over-the-top sparkle pieces for the upcoming holiday season. Because life’s too short to not wear sequins in every day life.

Veronica Beard Sequin Dress, Neiman Marcus.

Sequin Striped Mini Skirt, Express.

Champagne Sequin Uggs, Ugg.

Like Dreams Sequin Box Clutch, Nordstrom.

Triple Decker Sequin Sneakers, Kate Spade.

Be Bold Statement Earrings, Kate Spade.

Joan Vass Sequin Skinny Pants, Neiman Marcus.

Sequin Pumps, J.Crew.