Couture: The Score

I have a confession to make. I used to be one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers. The ones who wait in line for stores to open at midnight, stuffed to the brim with mashed potatoes and gravy. Laminated store map and Christmas shopping list in hand, I braved the crowds and fought my way through the craziness. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't always pretty. But, I managed to make Christmas work on a tight budget for a lot of years.

These days, I prefer to do my Christmas shopping over the course of several weeks, rather than my old all-in-one-night method. (Though, there was something deeply satisfying in checking off an ENTIRE Christmas shopping list in a marathon 8 hours of shopping). Thanks to the retail slump from recent years, retailers have started rolling out "Black Friday" sales weeks in advance. For instance, last weekend I scored 30% at Kate Spade and 40% off at J.Crew. No elbowing. No lines. No craziness.

But when one thinks of Black Friday, Nordstrom isn't the first store that comes to mind. It's generally been an afterthought... a sale I hit up after all the other Black Friday sales are over because, frankly, Nordstrom hasn't quite offered competitive enough sales in the last few years.

But The Score changes everything. That's right. Along with their new rewards system upgrade, Nordstrom rolled out a new Black Friday, or should I say Black Wednesday, sale this year: The Score. The score includes up to 70% off designer merchandise (think: Gucci, Burberry, Veronica Beard), and as an additional incentive for cardholders, double points through Sunday. As if that wasn't enough, for one day only (Wednesday 11/21), if a cardholder spent $300, you would automatically earn a $40 Nordstrom note. I KNOW! It's like the shopping paid for itself. Yes, that's Jenni logic.



So, with the clickity clack of my fingers on my iPhone, here are two oh-so-coveted pieces I scored.

Burberry Dot and Giant Wool Check Scarf


Ted Baker Suzaine Layer Sweater