Couture: A Festive Jumpsuit Fit For Flare

Don't get me wrong, I love a good excuse to go out and buy a new dress. And New Year's Eve in Prague seems like the perfect occasion to do so. But, the thing is, I hate to travel with too much luggage, and a fancy cocktail dress usually means dragging a garment bag across the Atlantic. No thank you. So this year, I was lucky enough to find a lace jumpsuit at Kate Spade that folded right down into my suitcase... no garment bag required. In fact, it seems to be the PERFECT travel piece as it didn't even require steaming, despite that by the time I finally wore it, we were on the third city in our European tour. 

There's something so easy and wearable about a jumpsuit. One and done. And this fit and flare style gave me a nicely defined waist, similar to the effect of a dress, but in a much more comfortable fit. I loved the peek-a-boo of my ankle below the hemline of the pants and the mock neck collar that showed off the lace detail at the top of the blouse. I paired it with some Michael Kors 4" stilettos and sparkle ball earrings (also from Kate Spade). Three pieces and I was ready to go, accessories and all.

Here's the look.