Couture: One and Done, My Obsession with Jumpsuits

I will admit it, I was late to the jumpsuit party. It took me awhile to get on board. But I have learned to embrace this one and done look. 

The beauty of a jumpsuit is that it’s base is a single piece. You can dress them up, or dress them down, or wear them to work. It’s all about how you accessorize.

Here are three of my current jumpsuit obsessions. 

Look One: Retro Cool. I was immediately drawn to this seventies style mustard colored jumpsuit from Evereve. I love the bell bottom leg and the spaghetti strap top. I paired it with a kimono style piece that has a subtle pattern in a complementary yellow. To complete the look, I added a long gold pendant necklace, gold hoop earrings, and grey wedge sneakers. I could easily see this in the fall with a suede motorcycle jacket and ankle boots. 



Look Two: Hamptons Brunch. This breezy linen Rails jumpsuit is soft it’s like wearing pajamas. I love the button detail down the front and the vertical stripes are oh-so-flattering. I paired this with a lightweight wool cardigan that printed with tiny vertical stripes in the same color family for a fun double stripe look. The gray leather mules dressed this up for work, but I could envision this with a distressed light wash denim jacket and platform woven sandals for a more casual beachy vibe. 



Look Three. All Out Glam. This was my New Years Eve look, but it could easily be reworked for a wedding or a cocktail party. Starting with the fabulous lace Kate Spade jumpsuit, I went for sparkle and more sparkle with some disco ball drop earrings which I paired with a pair of sky high black leather pointy toe pumps. For a different take, I could use a pop of color on the pump and a neon bag. For a Coco Chanel inspired look, I could add layers of pearl strands and wear an off white round toe pump or white ankle boots.