Couture: OOTD Pink and Pink--My New Favorite Blouse

Recently, my husband and I watched The Blind Side for the umpteenth time, which might possibly be one of my all-time favorite movies. There's something about Leigh Anne Tuohy's no-nonsense attitude that just makes me smile, and then there's the heartwarming tale of how Michael Oher finds his family. It gets me in all the feels, every time.

In one of the earlier scenes, Leigh Anne (aka the fab Sandra Bullock) gives Michael a piece of valuable fashion advice. She reminds him that "the store is where you like it best, so before you choose something, think of yourself wearing it and say to yourself: Is this me?" 

Well, my husband likes to joke that I can walk into any store and just about find something that feels like "me". But the sage advice from Leigh Anne Touhy was spot-on for this blouse. It just spoke to me. The second I walked into Kate Spade in New York, I just knew this blouse would wind up in my closet. 

What's not to love? Two shades of pink, a 70s style tie-neck, and ruffles. And, just the right amount of breezy volume at the wrists. It hits me just right in the shoulders, so despite that there's a lot going on with this blouse, it fits me to a T.

Shout out to my girl, Susan Ramsden from the Madison Avenue Kate Spade for helping with the selection!

Here's the look.

Blouse: Kate Spade. Jeans: Frame Denim. Satin slides: Free People.