Couture: Summer Neutrals

When you live in the Pacific Northwest, June has its ups and downs. And that's why we keep our sweaters in our wardrobe year round. Last night was one of those evenings where the cloud cover didn't burn off until well after 7 pm, keeping temps in the 60s, which for me, means wearing a sweater. 

For an evening out, including happy hour at an upscale lower Queen Anne spot, if I'm wearing jeans, I generally prefer to wear black. There's something about a black skinny jean that just feels a little more evening appropriate. Because it's summer--ahem, though it didn't feel like it yesterday, it IS still June--I paired my black jeans with an open weave sweater for a light layer of warmth, oversized gold hoop earrings, and a pair of easy Tory wedge sandals. Because the ballet followed our happy hour, I added a cotton scarf to cover my shoulders to ward off the inevitable theater air conditioning-induced chill. 

Here's the look.