Carrots: Crispy Balsamic Tofu

If you haven't noticed from previous posts, I LOVE my air fryer. A gadget that cost less than a date night dinner out has saved me countless hours in the kitchen and is endless in its versatility. 


As I continue the quarantine life, little hacks like my air fryer are my lifeline. 

This tofu is made from zesty Italian herbs and a bit of balsamic vinegar. Once you press the tofu, you shake it all up in a Ziploc to let it marinade while the air fryer heats up.

I enjoyed this Crispy Balsamic Tofu with herb-roasted broccoli, though it would be great with a side of bruschetta or a vegan Caesar salad.

Here's the recipe.

Crispy Balsamic Tofu

Ingredients
1 16-oz block of extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 1" cubes
3 generous tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon each of the following dried herbs: basil, parsley, sage, thyme, and oregano
1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt

Method
Place all the ingredients in a Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly coat. Set aside to marinate while the air fryer heats up.

Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Then, place the tofu cubes in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes, pausing to shake and turn the tofu cubes every 4-5 minutes.

Enjoy hot or let come to room temperature and serve over a Caesar salad.