Carrots: Curried Kale and Coconut Lentil Soup

Well, the stay at home order continues and so does my quarantine life. As such, I thought a big batch, hearty soup would be the perfect dish for a time when I feel as though the entirety of my existence involves sitting in front of a computer, cooking, cleaning, and doing dishes and laundry. This soup is not only flavorful and easy to make, but it also yields 6-8 servings, which means that the work and mess of one meal will save me time later this week. That, in and of itself, feels like a pretty big win at this point in my quarantine life!

Here's the recipe. Stay safe y'all!

Curried Kale and Coconut Lentil Soup

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups red lentils
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
3 tablespoons curry powder
1/3 cup tomato paste
1 14-oz can light coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
3 cups shredded kale

Method
Place all the ingredients, save the kale, into a large slow cooker.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the lentils are finished cooking. In the last 30 minutes, add the kale. This soup can also be blended for a creamier version, though I prefer it chunky.

Serve over couscous or with a side of crusty bread.