Carrots: Italian Herb Roasted Cauliflower

For some reason when I roast cauliflower, I tend to go with Indian or Asian flavors - curry, sambal, miso, sriracha, turmeric, etc. - the bolder, the better. The perfect blank slate, cauliflower picks up the spice and sauce of whatever it's cooked in, making it a particularly versatile veg to keep on hand. Since I happened to have a package of Italian field roast vegan "sausages", I thought I'd make some herbed cauliflower to complement the flavor of the thyme and oregano infused "sausage" links. The result was lovely, and I would readily serve this Italian Herb Roasted Cauliflower again as a side dish to accompany balsamic roasted tofu or a plate of pasta.

Recipe Notes: This recipe calls for lemon infused olive oil. I like the brand Terra Delyssa which you can find here. There's a substitution below. This recipe also calls for truffle zest. I prefer Sabatino Tartufi's truffle zest seasoning which you can find here.

Here's the recipe.

Italian Herb Roasted Cauliflower

Ingredients
2 lbs cauliflower florets
4-5 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil (or substitute 3-4 tablespoons regular olive oil and 3 tablespoons lemon juice)
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon thyme
1 tablespoon rubbed sage
1 tablespoon dried parsley
2 teaspoons truffle zest

Method
Preheat the oven to 470 degrees. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl and then distribute evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy hot!