Couture: A Mask for Every Work Day

As the quarantine continues, and even when it ends, social distancing measures are here to stay and wearing a mask has become normalized behavior. Of course, as I think ahead to my wardrobe for the fall, I am already thinking about a color palette and ways to incorporate a mask as an accent or accessory to my outfit. 

I love this set of five masks from Athleta. Made from three layers of fabric with a lightweight outer layer and two inner layers of breathable, soft cotton, this mask is made to get you through the day, even in warm weather. I love that they're sold as a five pack, giving you one for each weekday and the time to wash them on the weekend. The super wearable solid colors (navy, taupe, black, brick) are neutral enough to match a variety of looks and patterns, while the camo is a statement on its own (and super on trend, might I add). Each mask features adjustable cinchers to secure the elastic bands around the ears for a more custom, snug fit.

What I love most is that I feel good about this purchase. Athleta is selling these masks to customers, but the company has donated 100,000 masks to an organization that supports medical heroes on the front line.