Couture: OOTD Faux Fur and Stripes


Hello, sunshine. You rare beauty on a fall day in Seattle. Oh how radiant you are! Today was another gloriously bright and shiny day in Seattle. Seriously, how have we lucked out this year to have enjoyed at least a dozen 60+ degree sunny days? I don't know what we did to deserve it, but I'll take it!

This kind of weather calls for materials that don't do so well in our usual soggy fall weather (okay, it's soggy all year around). So I took the opportunity to wear faux fur and a supple light gray pair of mules. Having selected the vest and shoes, I just had to put the rest of the look together. I opted for sleek dark skinny jeans and I paired those with a blue pinstripe blouse with billowy sleeves. I love the volume the rouching detail adds to the mid-arm, tapering the sleeve just above the elbow to exaggerate the flair. It's like hyperbole in sleeve form. 

Though my days of wearing such rain-averse fabrics and materials are numbered, I can easily remix this vest over a sheath dress with leather boots, and I can pair the mules with an oversized sweater and leggings come winter. 
And here's a post from last spring when I wore the vest, proving that faux fur really is wearable year-round.

Here's the look.


Vest: Dolce Cabo LA. Jeans: Hudson, Nordstrom. Blouse: Allison Joy, Evereve. Mules: AGL. Bag: LV. Stud Earrings: Tiffany.